AKRON, OHIO (Feb. 17, 2016) - WhiteSpace Creative, an Akron-based strategic integrated marketing communications agency, was awarded a Judge’s Choice selection as well as four Gold andsixSilver American Advertising (also known as ADDY) Awards at the 2016 Akron ADDY ceremony Friday, Feb. 12, at the Akron Civic Theater. The Akron ADDY Awards honor creative excellence within the advertising industry. WhiteSpace was recognized for its work on the following projects:
- "Spirits of the Civic" Gala Invite for Akron Civic Theater – Event Announcement
- 2015 Holiday Gift Wrap Series for Paragraphics – Specialty Advertising Campaign
- "Newsworthy"Holiday Gift Wrap for Paragraphics – Specialty Advertising Campaign
- "Recipes for a Happy Holiday" Holiday Gift Wrap for Paragraphics – Illustration
- Akron Symphony "Sounds of Akron" Logo – Logo Design
- Ajoyo Packaging Series for Smith Foods – Packaging Campaign
- Akron Symphony "Part of Your Life" 2015-2016 Concert Season – Direct Marketing
- Akron Marathon Merchandise T-shirts – Specialty Advertising Campaign
- Lorain Public Library Truck Wrap – Public Service Specialty Advertising
- WhiteSpace Creative" Craft Memories” Holiday Gift – Self-promotional Materials
The 2015 Holiday Gift Wrap Series was awarded a Judge’s Choice award from one of the three distinguished judges.
"We are proud to have a diverse collection of work recognized,” said Keeven White, WhiteSpace president and CEO. “From package design to compelling copy, these awards show how far our creative minds can reach. Most importantly it verifies that our clients are getting award-winning work, helping them reach their goals.”
The 2016 Akron ADDY Awards, was presented by the Akron chapter of the American Advertising Federation (AAF-Akron) and is the first stage of the national ADDY Awards competition. Local gold winners are forwarded to regionals where they may qualify for the national competition to be held at ADMERICA, the American Advertising Federation National Conference, later this summer. The ADDYs is the advertising industry's largest and most representative competition, annually attracting more than 40,000 entries.
During the ADDY ceremony, WhiteSpace staff members Bethany English, Megan Bush, Erin Monsman and Ash Engelhardt were recognized for their commitment to the Akron advertising community through their work as AAF-Akron board and committee members. WhiteSpace also participated in the AAF-Akron Sponsor-A-Student program, allowing students from both The University of Akron and Kent State University to attend the industry event at no charge.